Apply for Rent Assistance
it is very important to follow directions as outlined below
The GDAA Rent Foundation is a private, non-profit, charitable organization that helps one resident per month with their next month's rent. Our funding comes only from donations. The GDAA Rent Foundation Committee Review Board meets at the end of each month to select one applicant to award the funds.
- APPLICATIONS ARE DUE 7 DAYS BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH. Due to the high volume of applications this deadline will be strictly adhered to.
To receive Rent Assistance, Your Landlord/Leasing Community MUST be a member of the Greater Dayton Apartment Association (GDAA). if you are unsure if your landlord is a member please contact us at 937-293-1170
You qualify to apply for assistance if:
- Your Landlord/Apartment Community is a current member of the Greater Dayton Apartment Association
- You have entered into a Forbearance Agreement (promise to pay) agreement with your Landlord
- You have lost your employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic and you have filed for unemployment
- You are current on your rent with no evictions or Notice to Vacate the Premises
- You have not already applied with the Rent Foundation twice within six months.
- You have not already received assistance from the Rent Foundation within twelve months
We do not provide help with:
- First month's rent
- Past due rent
- Medical bills
- Grocery bills
- Household furnishings
- Alternative places to live
- Other monthly bills
Supporting documents are very important. You need to provide as much documentation as you can to help explain your situation. It is to your advantage to provide documentation of your income and expenses as well as any documents that would help to support your reasoning. (Example: Medical statements for medical crisis...) ALL required, supporting documents must accompany the application. Any application received without the required documents will not be considered.
Your Rental Assistance Request Form & documentation must be turned in by the due date which is seven days before the end of the month. This is to ensure that the qualifying applicant's rent assistance will be funded to their landlord on or by the first of the month.
submitting an application does not guarantee that you will receive assistance.
Our funding comes from personal donations and is paid directly to the Landlord.
For application questions,
call the GDAA office at (937) 293-1170
Return the completed application and documents via fax, or email to the information listed below. Please note it is your responsibility to ensure that the Rent Assistance Form has been received on time.
GDAA Rent Foundation