The GDAA Rent Foundation is a charitable organization that helps one resident a month with their next month's rent. Our funding comes only from donations. The GDAA Rent Foundation Committee Review Board meets at the end of every month to select one applicant to award the funds.
The landlord is provided the necessary funds for rent at the beginning of the month applied for. It is only for one month of assistance.
Your Landlord/Leasing Community MUST be a member of the Greater Dayton Apartment Association (GDAA).
If your resident provider is not a member, there is membership information available!
You qualify if:
We do not provide help for:
You must provide as much documentation as you can to help best explain your situation. It is best to provide documentation of your income and expenses as well as any documentation that help support your reasoning. (medical statements for medical issues etc.)
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE TURNED AWAY IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION!
Your application & documentation must be returned by the application due date which is usually within seven (7) days prior to the end of the month. This is to ensure that the qualifying applicant's rent assistance will be funded
YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR HELP PAYING YOUR RENT IF YOU ARE FILLING IT OUT FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. You are filling it out to receive money for a deposit in order to move in.
2. You are filling it out to receive money for a FIRST month’s rent. (You must already live in the apartment /rental home you are asking us to pay rent for.)
3. You are filling it out to receive help with any bills other than rent. (example: utility bills, mortgage, groceries, car payments, doctor bills, loan payment, etc.)
4. You have an eviction notice and need the money NOW! Funds are paid on the first of the month only.
5. You have already filled out two applications within the last six months.
YOUR LANDLORD OR APARTMENT COMMUNITY MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE GREATER DAYTON APARTMENT ASSOCIATION
YOU MUST INCLUDE DOCUMENTATION AS TO WHY YOU NEED HELP PAYING YOUR RENT. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PAPERS SHOWING WHY YOU NEED ASSISTANCE.
Our money comes from personal donations, we only pay for One person/family each month.
Rent is paid directly to the landlord.
If you have any questions on how to fill out the application
call the GDAA office at (937) 293-1170
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return the completed application and documents to:
GDAA Rent Foundation
3155 Elbee Road Suite 300
Dayton, OH 45439