The purpose of the Greater Dayton Apartment Association is to promote professionalism in the multifamily housing industry through education and legislation.
We, the members of this Association, proudly assume the responsibility of providing adequate and desirable accommodations and facilities for the enjoyment of apartment dwellers, being ever mindful of our obligations to Federal, State and local laws and regulations, governing the free enterprise system, of which we are proud to be a part.
Having united ourselves for the purpose of improving the services and conditions of the apartment industry, we individually and severally adopt this Code of Ethics as our guide in dealing with all mankind, and especially those patronizing this industry. We individually and severally agree to do nothing to the detriment of the Greater Dayton Apartment Association.
- Promote, employ and maintain a high standard of integrity in the establishment of rental rates and performances of all other rental obligations and services in the operation of our apartment communities in order that the public be better serviced.
- Maintain and operate our apartment communities in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competition, ever mindful of the purposes of the GDAA and in compliance with the By-Laws thereof.
- Strive to continually promote the education and fraternity of the GDAA along with the progress and dignity of the apartment industry.
- Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living.
- Establish high ethical standards of conduct among apartment rental agencies, suppliers and others doing business with the apartment industry.
- Endeavor to expose all schemes designed to mislead or defraud the apartment residing public and to aid the exposure of those responsible for such practices.
- Refrain from attempting to obtain apartment residents, through advertising or other means deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements, misrepresentations or the use of implications, unwarranted by the fact or reasonable probability.
- Keep informed of all laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity in the leasing and renting of apartments and assist in keeping other members informed of all existing conditions and situations in the community with respect to equal opportunity in the leasing and renting of apartments. Refrain from discouraging persons seeking assistance in leasing or renting apartments on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, familial status, handicap or national origin and serve all people equally in the renting or leasing of apartments.
- Abide by the Greater Dayton Apartment Association’s Code of Ethics, Code of Regulations and By-Laws.