Fair Housing Implicit Bias- Home
Implicit bias workshop for property mgmt. staff presented by Deb Jetter
This three-hour workshop provides insights for every member of a property management team by creating a safe and trusting environment for participants to examine their known biases and discover some of their hidden ones. This class is crucial in understanding subtle beliefs that may inadvertently lead to fair housing violations
To assist property management staff in starting the process of recognizing their hidden or unknown biases and in analyzing the effects of such behavior on both their professional relationships and their business practices.
- To help participants understand what hidden or unknown biases are and that everyone has them.
- To examine how these biases are developed and how they are reinforced.
- To explore how biases and bias behaviors can lead to discrimination regardless of the protected class.
- To assist participants in the beginning to move toward positive change in eliminating such biases/behaviors both individually and corporately.
- To see how such biases can lead to housing discrimination in rental housing